Deaf Ex-Mainstreamers’ Ltd is working in partnership with Deaf Quality, which is a social enterprise, to provide quality user involvement and training with respect to deaf children’s access to education.
DEX and Deaf Quality have a successful joint track record of involving deaf children and young people, consultancy, advocacy, and training local authorities, parents and deaf young people:
Individuals’ Assessments and reviews
- Support with statementing procedure and reviews
- Support with appeals with placements or Individual Education Plans etc
- School Accessibility Plans
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Equality Schemes
- service assessments
- advice and support
- non-judgemental and confidential service
- shared problem solving and discussion.
Involvement in planning and policy
- Setting of DEX’s Framework for Action
- National and local policy reviews
- Support and leadership of internal reviews
- Mapping of health, local authority and voluntary organisations’ services, including cross-cutting analysis
- Mapping of information flow to families
- Data base analysis, i.e. numbers of deaf children with SEN, from BME communities, demographic spread, age and gender etc.
- Participation and involvement with deaf children and young people
- Workforce management and continuing professional development
Training and information
- bespoke consultation and training sessions, using different approaches, i.e. presentation, coaching, one-to-one meetings
- training managers, mainstream teachers, specialist teachers and support staff
- training health and social services professionals working with deaf children
- parents’ courses, particularly for those with deaf children in the Early Years
- anti-bullying training to deaf and hearing pupils
- anti-bullying policy for schools.
DEX uses the Learning Skills Council’s Quality Improvement Toolkit for trainers’ evaluation, which is to Ofsted standards.
Please contact us for further information on : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org